NARD coordinates an annual recognition program to provide awards to NRDs and their residents for outstanding efforts in conservation. The association cooperates with the Omaha World-Herald and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on the Master Conservationist program. Awards are presented at the NARD Annual Conference each September.
Nomination forms for the various awards can be downloaded below.
Master Conservationist Awards
Deadline for nominations: March 1, 2013
Natural Resources Districts Awards
Deadline for Nominations: May 1, 2013
Download Nomination Forms:
- 2013 Natural Resource Educator of the Year
- 2013 Outstanding Tree Planter
- 2013 Outstanding Grassland Conservation
- 2013 Outstanding Community Conservation
- 2013 Director of the Year
NARD Natural Resources Hall of Fame
The Nebraska Association of Resources Districts (NARD) sponsors the Natural Resources Hall of Fame to recognize outstanding effort and dedication to conservation, resulting in improving natural resources in Nebraska. The purpose for the Natural Resources Hall of Fame is to reward individuals for service and commitment to natural resources conservation. The candidate will be elected into the Hall of Fame by vote of current NRD Managers and NARD Board members. There are three different categories as follows:
- NRD board member.
- NRD employee.
- Other individual outside the NRD system which could include, but not limited to, agency employee or individual involved in natural resources conservation.